Vista Support?

Guest jkim522093

Guest jkim522093

Microsoft announced that Windows XP will not be supplied to Microsoft Direct OEM

(Major PC/Workstation manufacturers) and Retail FPP(Stand-alone OS reseller)

as of June 30 this year.

So there will be no PC/Workstation having Windows XP in the market shortly.

Then we should purchase stand-alone Windows XP with extra budget because

IronCADS does not support VISTA bundled in many PC/Workstations.

Any plan to release VISTA version of IronCAD???

JH

FYI, both HP and Dell will continue to deliver Win XP on workstations for quite a while.

HP workstation:

http://h20331.www2.hp.com/Hpsub/cache/5371...-0-225-121.html

"Windows Vista Downgrade to XP

With the Vista OS Downgrade Program (From August 1, 2007 - January 31, 2009), receive the Vista Business OS 32 or 64-bit DVD to install later and get Windows XP Professional preinstalled on your HP Workstation. Meet your current needs with XP Professional and plan for the future with Vista."

Dell workstation:

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/global....=bsd&~tab=4#1st

"Is there any way to get Windows XP after June 18th?

Customers may continue to get Windows XP Professional by purchasing a PC with Windows Vista Business BONUS or Windows Vista Ultimate BONUS, which allows Dell to exercise "Windows Vista downgrade rights" on your behalf by preinstalling Windows XP Professional and providing the installation disc for either Windows Vista Business or Windows Vista Ultimate so that you may transition to Vista when you are ready."

The Vista version has been delayed, we are expecting it to release later this year with version 11.

21808[/snapback]

the thing is that running ironcad in a vm on vista or dual boot is not ideal. I need a solution. is there anyway that i could get on some early beta list or something because now i am having to use Truespace to fill the gap.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to join in on the "must have Vista ASAP"" thread. All my PC's have Vista and I won't go back to XP - just not worth it. I will probably run IC in a VM for now but this is far from ideal.

I did quickly look at all the other shipping CAD packages and as far I can tell, IC is the only package left that doesnt support Vista. sad.gif