Cool Rendering

Guest EricFoy

Guest EricFoy

Here's a rendering of a toaster I have at home. The rendering took 1hr 24m 04s using an AMD Athlon 64-bit processor with 512 MB of RAM. The rendering settings were on "Full Window Size", "Super-sampling Quality: High", and "Global Illumination: High". I also enabled the Irradiance Chache, Ignore Bump Normals and Photons. Before I rendered the model I forgot to raise the Surface Smoothness and find a different texture for the table. (Try to ignore the pixelation of the wood texture.) I used a Dosch 3D Environment which turned out pretty nice for the reflection on the chrome toaster housing. The plate and the salt and pepper shakers were modeled for the reflection on the side of the toaster. Please give me feed back if you can help me improve the rendering time or real-ness of the rendering. smile.gif

post-176-1203811785.png

Edited by EricFoy

Nice Job Eric,

They only comments I can make is not to use true black, maybe bump the color downa a few notches for a dark gray possible. Tru black is difficult and always give a muddy appearance. The chrome seems a bit "dull" if theres a way to make is shine more, maybe bump up reflection and bump down fresnel.

Maybe worht a shot. I'm no expert.

Cheers

Tom

Here's another one (with my espressomachine):

http://www.cbindustries.ch/popup.php?url=/...ine_jules02.jpg

http://www.cbindustries.ch/popup.php?url=/...ine_jules08.jpg

http://www.cbindustries.ch/popup.php?url=/...ine_jules07.jpg

...about 5 years old

Regards

Carlo

Edited by cborer

Very nice Carlo and Eric!!

Eric the Super Sampling and High Global Illumination may not always need to be at the high settings for a good appearence. Super sampling is sort of like AA but this can be done in a post process (Gimp or Photoshop) and can cut down on the rendering time. The High setting for the Global Illumination I believe is for the lighting effects (when you are using the GI for the lighting)...I will need to verify this to be sure.

What are your lights in the scene? Ray Traced or soft shadow? Any effects? The light settings can slow the rendering down the most depending on the settings.

Cary

Guest John Wright

Going back to Toms comment regarding 'Muddy Blacks' I have found that some of the better solutions to 'real' colours is to have a colour 'chip' i.e create a colour panel (say 512x512) of the real Pantone colour as these have all the right hues etc - these then act better when illuminated.

One customer does all sorts of stuff with aircraft interior companies, using this colour chip approach results in far better control and results and with the new system can have far better results with spark finished plastics.

Its like painting (oil, watercolour, pastels etc) the wrong mix of colours will result in muddy colours not real, vibrant colours - the same applies here.

John