Progress With Ic10

janttila

Thought i just check how all users are coping with the state Ic10 is in (i know i nagged about this before and a i know you are doing the best you can, but anyway).

We lost one employee last week because of ic10, we have already so little time to do things and with ic working this poorly he could just not take it, and

my boss i forcing me to review other cad software.

Sad but true.

So the question is, how are you all coping?

just to start out I am not bashing IC on this just telling the truth which isnt always accepted on this board.

My machine has been somewhat stable for a while now but I make sure I do not have any other program open and that I close all catalogs that I do not need at the time. My co-workers on the other hand loose hours of work and the mood is pretty sour. The joke around my place is how is your day and the response is well my IC hasnt crashed yet so pretty good. The thing I dont get is when IC just shuts off. No warning no error report just bye bye. It happens to everyone here and I couldnt pin it to any certain command.

I give credit to IC when credit is due and it looks like they are going in the right direction but it always seems like one step forward two steps back on a new level release.

I'm a die hard IronCAD guy, and I won't let the work cronies install v10 yet. I'm pretty much of the belief that version x.2 is the ideal IronCAD version, so until we get to that point, I think we will keep with the evils we know about in 9 (we don't do any real rendering so there is not much for us to sacrifice when working in v9). And, since we have so many "features" in v10 that hotfixes are being released (and no one probably has the time to work on Product Updates), version 10 is starting to look (to me anyway) like the short-lived version 4.

Everything here seems to be running relatively smooth.. I do understand the saving / crashing issue.. and we have had several instances..

I noticed that IC really loads up the temp file.. so when working for long periods I simply make sure to empty that folder.. and it has made a big difference..also of course saving repeatedly and incrementing file name... we are not working with any sort of file management system.. all hard drives..

I'm not a computer expert.. so I'm not sure if why our problems haven't been as great as some others.. but as far as using the program and its capabilities.. we run it hard and with really large files.. lots of links .. you name it..

Each company is different.. each need is different.. and each users method of operating the program is different.. everybody likes different settings.. etc.. so in our case by mere chance we may not be pecking the CAD bugs as much as other users.. in fact.. we haven't run across any more bugs in V10 than in any other version.. again.. maybe its just the way we use the system..

In the end.. I hope it works out for you... in my experience.. all the CAD programs have problems.. you cant avoid it.. and Wildfire has definitely had its share.. good luck at getting PTC to even admit there is a problem.. HA..