3d Pdf Export

Zabidi Ghani

Has anyone tested the export your design in 3D pdf format succesfully? I've been trying on this tool with a few models, but the resulted files can't be viewed correctly. there are times where I can't see the 3D model but just the toolbar. At other times, just a 2D model without the toolbar.

This is a great tool if it works well. blush.gif

3D_PDF.pdf

This double-side rendering will be fixed in our PU1. I would like to have it fixed in our HF2, but I'm not sure that our provider can deliver the fix in that timeframe (Well...it is fixed in our providers new version now, however they have a regression that is keeping us from upgrading).

Cary

Has anyone tested the export your design in 3D pdf format succesfully? I've been trying on this tool with a few models, but the resulted files can't be viewed correctly. there are times where I can't see the 3D model but just the toolbar. At other times, just a 2D model without the toolbar.

This is a great tool if it works well.  blush.gif

20489[/snapback]

I was very excited about the 3D PDF export, but it hasn't worked for me. I have the same problems you mentioned. On some files it works fine and some it doesn't, but the lighting is always a problem. The double-sided rendering is no problem once you know about the setting, but all the other problems have made it unusable for me. The upside is that the free HOOPS viewer is fantastic. It is an easy download and install for my customers, and the tiny file sizes are great for email. It is a beautiful viewer with great cutting planes, etc.

It will be great if the 3D PDF eventually works well, but for now the HOOPS viewer is doing it for me. I just wish there was a Mac version also.

Scott

Edited by swallis

For us, the 3D PDF export is currently useless, because the model tree isn't maintained, which makes it almost impossible, to discuss details of the model with the customer.

We take the route via Parasolid export and import into Acrobat 3D. The results are very good, but it is a detour we hope to avoid in the future.

Beat