Hide/supression Of Parts

jirvin

I am having some trouble with parts staying in the scene in V10.

The view shows extra parts (same as has been drawn - not random parts) but they are not in the assembly tree.

One instance had the parts mirrored at 180 degrees to their actual position.

The only way to get rid of them was to shut down the file and re-open.

The file had saved them in their correct position.

These are mainly version 9 files and they are also linked into a main scene.

We have installed the Hot fix

Is anyone else noticing this ?

Thanks,

Jason

We will need a little more information to track it down. Are they deleted and staying, unlinked, etc.

The issue is the new rendering engine most likely. We have to update areas properly to make sure things are removed correctly. We just need more information how you got into the case or a reproducible case for us to correct it.

Thanks

Cary

I have had it occur again.

I had two sub assemblies that were linked called assy 1 and assy2.

I unlinked one of these. (assy 2).

Then I copied assy 1 the other one in a different direction (assy3).

I got not enough memory message and clicked on abort and got a run time error.

When I opened the file back up, a sheet metal part on the unlinked assy2 was missing.

I was using the Advanced OpenGL/Direct3D rendering option.

As soon as you change this back to openGL the sheetmetal part appears.

There is a noticeable difference between the two rendering engines. The Advanced one lets the parts rotate faster.

The file is too big to send you (it was approximately 28 MB).

Cheers,

Jason

I get a simular thing when the config says default and it is showing a config that has supressed parts so then I go to switch it to the default to display all and still it does not update to show. The only way I can get it back is going through the config button and not the pulldown and then it will work.

I have also found if you copy a sub assembly then the copy doesn't show on the screen but the anchors show up using Advanced OpenGL/Direct3D. (If you use only Open GL, then they show up.)

If you suppress the copy and unsupress it, it highlights the sub assembly in the original position.

If you link the sub assembly then unlink it, this works OK.

(Then the copy is shown on the screen.)

It has definitely got to do with the rendering engine.

Jason

The out of memory issues may have something to do with the issue. We will see if we can reproduce with a case here for the unlink issue.

The Confguration box issue is known. If you click in the scene, it should update the configuration box. It is a load issue with the new IronCAD frame.

As for the copy paste -- How are you copying and pasting? Triball or Edit Copy/Paste. If edit copy/paste, it is pasting on top of the original part. If you move it, it should be there. Otherwise, I can't reproduce the issue.

Cary

The out of memory issues may have something to do with the issue. We will see if we can reproduce with a case here for the unlink issue.

The Confguration box issue is known. If you click in the scene, it should update the configuration box. It is a load issue with the new IronCAD frame.

As for the copy paste -- How are you copying and pasting? Triball or Edit Copy/Paste. If edit copy/paste, it is pasting on top of the original part. If you move it, it should be there. Otherwise, I can't reproduce the issue.

Cary

20059[/snapback]

We use the triball to copy objects. Don't use Edit Copy/Paste.

Jason

jirvin,

When do you notice the parts that have no Scene Browser entry?  Right after copying them or after later opening the file?

20070[/snapback]

kevin

I have just sent a ironcad scene file to support@ironcad with some explanation.

Jason