Photo Realistic

Would be great to have an integration with the best photo-realistic rendering packages like Vray, Brazil or Maxwell, that will give more expectation to new users of ironCAD. IC use a good engine to rendering, I believe is better than others mechanical packages, but achieve more realism woul be fantastic for us. laugh.gif

here a good example

Any comments......

vray_01.jpg

Hi,

I agree that it would be great to have an integration with renderers like Vray etc. Actually, the new Yafray-based render engine for IronCAD 10 is integrated more or less like a plugin, and this is done in order to allow for the possibility to one day add other renderers as plugins.

But let's look at what the new renderer already has to offer. There's no denying that the image you showed as an example, made by Thomas Suurland in Vray is excellent. The new IronCAD renderer (in the hands of a master like Suurland) can however get very close to this result. It supports HDR images and radiosity (and a lot more).

I have added a sample from the Yafray gallery, and while one may argue that the Beetle is a sharper image etc, it definitely shows that the new renderer has great potential.

Regards,

Jonas A

post-1599-1194293302_thumb.jpg

Then new IC Yafray engine I feel has alot to offer. Of course, there are better renderers, however if your businees relies heavily on these high-end renderings then you may want IC to integrate with tme. Maxwell is probably the best to date however in my experience a large learninig curve.

If you want to make very good renderings out of your IronCAD package to use for marketing, web, presentations. I think think the new engine is more than sufficient. And of course this is the first incarnation and I fell of course the yafray engine will continue to be enhanced and hence ported to IC as a result.

I am not a tru blu rendered and not a photographer and fell I can get very good results out of IC as is right now and I'm just scratching the new tools. I cant wait to learn them better and the more advanced tools. Below is a sample of one I did. Look closely at the reflection tongue.gif

14s.jpg

And with a little help from Photoshop

17sblurpsd.jpg

Edited by tlehnhaeuser

Hi Alfredo,

One key setting for speeding up rendering time is to activate irradiance cache in the advanced render settings.

Regards,

Jonas A

19362[/snapback]

Good... I test it.

Thanks a lot. biggrin.gif

Hi,

I do believe the current rendering in IronCAD can achieve some amazing results. It is a good renderer for quality and performance.

I agree a system like Maxwell will give you the closest to realistic, but it is at the expense of the learning curve and rendering time (really long rendering times).

Jonas is correct that our current was built as a Add-in to prove the concept. If the demand from our customers is high, we could look at another add-in approach. However, I don't think the limits of the current system are reached yet.

Take a look at www.yafray.org for samples and Blender is another system that integrates yafray.

Now keep in mind, IronCAD's integration is far different from the base yafray. We fixed many bugs and tweaked it to support many of the old IronCAD capabilities. At this point is is much better and faster in our opinion then the default yafray.

The other note is that this rendering is free with IronCAD. It is not an add-on charge to the customer. We are providing a really good option to users in the CAD market as well as customers for Inovate. Consider you can purchase Inovate at a list of $1295 US that includes many of the base modeling capabilities of IronCAD plus the Realistic Rendering (a steal in my mind based on the cost of some of the rendering systems out there).

My 2 cents.

Cary

One other comment.....

Realistic Rendering is an art....I don't see it very often where you can just drop a model and render to get the great results. The example above with the car probably took some time to figure out the correct angles, lights, materials, environments, etc and I imagine took a few passes to get the final result.

If you work with the new IC SmartPaint settings (There are some starter ones in the AdvMaterial Catalog in the Catalog folders once you install IronCAD) and use various environment (I say various because each will give you a completely different result), you will get some great results.

Here are simple examples of a car that takes about 4min to rendering in IronCAD (at that size). Keep in mind I didn't spend much time on the materials (the tires and wheels need work and the body needs to be a different color). The first two are straight from IC. The third one is touch up in Photoshop (my limited capability). Post-editing is a key eliminate in realistic results as well. Gimp is a good free tool.

BTW - I you create some good materials, please upload them so that we may add them to the AdvMaterial Catalog in the future.

Thanks,

Cary

ICRender.jpg

ICRender2.jpg

ICRender3.jpg