V10 Fillet Tip

tlehnhaeuser

While using V10 beta I noticed a way to create a 0 radius fillet without entering a value in 2D sketch mode.

Simply slect the fillet tool then click first line and double click second line. Wallah, I nice time saver.

Cheers

Tom

PS not sure if this works in V9 as well.

Kev's right. Extend/Trim is alot of work me ( I'm lazy) I often have geometry with lines not connected or overlapping. This "sharp" point fillet approach makes short order of clean up.

BTW, Solid Edge does this with a drag approach much like IC does with trim tool.

Yes Robert, I rarely use hotkeys, I prefer to use the keyboard as little as possible.

Honestly, I would even go to the extent of entering the numerical values with the mouse if was relatively quick and easy. tongue.gif

I guess this is left over from my days in AutoCAD with a tablet biggrin.gif

That's funny, cause my days with AutoCAD have trained me to try to make a keyboard shortcut for everything.  Must be a fancy-shmancy tablet thing.... smile.gif

19380[/snapback]

Well Mike, my memory is shot but do you remember you could print out from AutoCAD a tablet menu which basically had every command possible on it along with hotkeys? Then you slide it under your Kurta ( hey I remember the name) tablets clear sheet, then go thru the configuration procress to make sure your squares were squares and not rectangles , blah blah.

Very Mouse friendly biggrin.gif Opps sorry, it wasn't a mouse, it was a cursor with crosshairs on it .

tom

Edited by tlehnhaeuser

• 3 weeks later...
Guest EricFoy
...print out from AutoCAD a tablet menu which basically had every command possible on it along with hotkeys? Then you slide it under your Kurta ( hey I remember the name) tablets clear sheet...

Yeah, Kurtas were okay, I guess. I had a Hitachi Tiger (Hicomscan). It totally rocked. 0.001 resolution, 12-button puck. As one old boss of mine would have said, "It was a tool what could lay down the lead." Houston Instruments DMPL... Calcomp... Line weight vs screen color... Ink pen refilling... black fingers, stained carpet. Those were heady times indeed...

I can almost smell the coffee and taste the apple fritters from here. No, wait. Those are down the hall right now... Okay, back to work.