How Reliable Is Pro/e Import?

Bernd Meißner

Hi all,

I'm currently test driving the Pro/E importer. Although I know, that there are several file formats that could be used as an alternative, there are still some clients who don't want to deal with any export settings etc. from Pro/E. So I'll get Pro/E assemblies or nothing.

Now I've got two assemblies which I'm trying to import. Result one: Fails to import. Result two: Ironcad (Inovate in my case) crashes and disappears without any message. Both assemblies open without any problems in PolyTrans, (also) using a licensed Granite translator. Huh?

Thinking about buying the Granite add-on which costs 1.5 times as much as my Inovate license, annual support/upgrades twice as much as Inovate, there should be better results in order to convince me...

Any (better) experiences?

Regards,

Bernd

I have a guy at my work that uses it daily and says it works really well for him. It is really easy to use also. I am not sure if the problems are because you are using innovate instead of a full version or not the IC guys might have to chime in on that but for how we use it, it work well hope that helps

B-

Intially there were some issues however when we made parasolid the default kernel those issues went away, go figure.

Well, parasolid is the default kernel here, too. I'm currently trying to import all the subassemblies one by one... I'll let you know how things work.

Edit: geometry successfully comes in for the few files I've tested so far, but coordinates/positioning gets lost, since I'm no longer using the parent assembly file. Not a solution…

Bernd

Edited by Bernd Meißner