How Do I Get The Number Of Holes On A Bom?

Thomas Wehle

..well... technically you can get these things into the BOM, but unless you can do some programming, it won't be automatic:

You can create custom properties for parts, and have the info you desire reported in the custom properties. From there, you can set your BOM up so that one of the displayed columns will show your custom property information. Of corse, any changes made to the 3D model will not be reflected in the BOM (or custom property) without you explicitly changing the custom property valuse themselves.

The hole table route is much easier (and harder to screw up!) smile.gif

In IronPRO's PROUtils cataloge there's a tool called Dim2Custom. It has a function for showing how many holes there are in a part.

I've attached a BOM template and a scene that gets values from the Dim2Custom properties. The properties are sent to the Custom properties of the part. It only works for parts, not assemblies.

Make a new drawing out of the scene and use the BOM template to create the BOM.

Dim2Custom_English.icb

Dim2Custom_English.ics

Edited by Jonas@Solidmakarna

In IronPRO's PROUtils cataloge there's a tool called Dim2Custom. It has a function for showing how many holes there are in a part.

I've attached a BOM template and a scene that gets values from the Dim2Custom properties. The properties are sent to the Custom properties of the part. It only works for parts, not assemblies.

Make a new drawing out of the scene and use the BOM template to create the BOM.

18463[/snapback]

Great.... Thanks for all the help guys!