3d Curve Problems

Guest mstrengell

Guest mstrengell

Hi,

I´m having huge problems with creating and editing 3D curves.

when I´m trying to create/edit a curve IC will crash.....

I´m creating the curve with Triball with

smoothly connected curves for a pipe route.

Often it works great when creating the curve but...

when I want to edit the curve it will crash.

I have the lates uppdates and all

does someone have the same problem or is this a user thing?

Mis

Tom,

I haven't been able to duplicate this problem, can you send a specific example?

17688[/snapback]

Ok, heres one, trying to fillet all the corners of the 3D curve.

Observation: when I am zoomed in close , trouble grabbing point to fillet and when I do can see the fillet arc. If I zoom out then the arc sometimes is more visible but still won't fillet.

Clip_6.ics

Tom,

Here's the results I'm getting, perhaps the problem you are seeing is graphics card related, try Software rendering.

Also, the 3D Fillet works differently then the 2D Fillet in that you click, release, then drag to see the fillet preview rather then click-and-drag. If you click-and-drag it won't display the fillet.

fillet.zip

Guest mstrengell

OK,

so here is a pipe that I have been trying to fillet and edit now, this and a whole

bundle of additional pipes that I am having the same troubles with.

I can´t fillet it atleast not all the corners, sometimes I can fillet one or two, but not any more, then it will crash or I simply can´t pick the corners. I have tried different modelling kernells but its still the same...

Mis

3DCurve_problempipe.ics

Hello mstrengell,

Regarding the crash, try Software rendering mode (Tools, Options, Rendering). Also, turn off the edited IntelliShape during edit (right-click the background during edit, select Show, "Hide edited IntelliShape). Let me know if that resolves the crashing. If not, try updating your graphics card driver.

This function could definitely be improved. The problems creating fillets seems to be the function is very picky about where you drag the cursor after clicking the vertex. See the attached video, the fillets are all possible but the cursor drag location is critical. I'm going to file an Enhancement Request to ask for this to be less demanding of the cursor drag location.

3D_Curve_Fillet_Creation.zip