Going Crazy...

sbuchanan

See this post My other post that has many views but no response.

This is completely killing my workflow. I need to be able to juggle multiple files and sometimes even take skins from one to another with dropper. Not being able to use two or more at a time makes me wonder if we are going backwards or forward? Do tell.

Yes i have 3gb switch. yes I have enough RAM (4gb) yes i have good Proc (dualcore AMD 4600) yes I have good VPU (6800GT)

Only difference in the last few weeks, is that I finally (against my will) had to upgrade to V9 and update that. Now I constantly crash and have to reboot.. SUPER SWEET GUYS THX! excl.gif

This has not been the normal response to v9 so I would start by opening these files and using Save As to write the data to a new 9.0 file. If that doesn't help, please send a few examples to support@ironcad.com or ftp://ftp.ironcad.com/upload for me to test here.

Also, it may be that the 9.0 install wasn't completely successful and reinstalling may be the fix.

Yes i have 3gb switch.  yes I have enough RAM (4gb) yes i have good Proc (dualcore AMD 4600)  yes I have good VPU (6800GT)

17617[/snapback]

That AMD 4600, is that a 64-bit processor? If so, are you using 64-bit windows? If so (x2) then the /3gb switch is meaningless (#1). #2: Make sure your hyperthreadding is off (it's a BIOS switch)...that should buy you some performance. #3: Do you have a lot of externally linked files in that you are dealing with?

And just to clarify, you are at IC 9.1.1 yes?

PROBLEM SOLVED!

WOW, so since it was not software related i tore in to hardware issues. So I thought what else has changes in the last few weeks. I got two new flatscreens to work on was first on the list.

I am working on a dell2405 and a viewsonic 19"widescreen.

So here is the short version...

My 6800 GT is DVI/VGA not dual DVI so when running 2 CRT monitors I just used the vga adapter and ran them both analog. Now when i hooked up my new monitors I ran the dell on analog (VGA) and the viewsonic on digital (DVI) and saw no immediate issues... or did I?

Come to find out that running one monitor in digital makes it the priority, and sends digital signals. I use IronCAD on the 24" and since it is a secondary device now there must be some kind of memory allocation issue. i figured this out by moving IronCAD over to the small monitor ... no issues then.

To solve this, i just am running both in analog again and now issues is gone. Hmm

Thanks for the support and ideas. I am happy it was not IronCAD.. really. blush.gif

Has anyone ever had this issue? Time to buy a dual DVI Vid card for me smile.gif

Edited by sbuchanan