Soap Box Racer Anyone?

tlehnhaeuser

Call out to all IronCAD Crazies and Creatives!

I am trying to gather some IronCAD users who have the inner qualities we love and look for…CRAZY and CREATIVE. The objective, see if I can gather a team together to design and build a soap box racer to be entered into Red Bulls racing evenet this October in Providence, RI.

I thought this would be a great way to keep on IronCAD’n while getting your yahoos out.

My intitla idea was to design the IronCAD I-Beam on wheels for the mere fact I thought this would be the most aerodynamic shape possible ;-). But anything goes.

So if you meet the C-n-C criteria and are interested in joining the team, just email me and lets get racing!

ironracer3.JPG

Soap_Box.ics

Click here for all the details:

http://www.redbullsoapboxusa.com/

Edited by tlehnhaeuser

guess all the drivers will have to remove their legs to get in toms car.. HA...

Will do the axles in Pro-E.. so we can have a spectacular crash..

17295[/snapback]

LOL!

Max haven;t you heard of liquid aluminum ? is has a density of 0 for the weight issue. biggrin.gif

Guest svangeldern

Tom,

I'm getting thirsty just looking at your concept.....Styrofoam seat with circular holes on both sides.....makes a perfect spot for my Budweiser!

Steve

HA.. talk about over powered.. MAN.. that poor IC guy will get killed..

HA.. that 800 hp beast you made has some real issues..

Problems with turning.. think you are well beyond using a bar for steering

Braking will be pitiful.. HA..

We are really headed for a spectacular crash... any last wishes?.. put NOS on it and I will drive it..

HA.. talk about over powered.. MAN.. that poor IC guy will get killed..

HA.. that 800 hp beast you made has some real issues..

Problems with turning.. think you are well beyond using a bar for steering

Braking will be pitiful.. HA..

We are really headed for a spectacular crash... any last wishes?.. put NOS on it and I will drive it..

17336[/snapback]

LOL!!! you guys are crazy... I like that!. I will be the driver and REd Bull states that if you make it to the finish line, you really didn;t race right tongue.gif

If I get this right I'd race it against the Leanders Car.!!! However the 1/4 mile has to be downhill biggrin.gif

On a serious note, I want to make the engine an inflatable blowup. Anyone know if this can be done...cheaply.

Edited by tlehnhaeuser

Calendar is completed but need to get approvals for release and by the time that all happens just waiting for 2008. Like you said Dave, its almost MAY, whats the sense. In the meantime ask your IronCAD reseller for a IronCAD Calendar Mousepad, there nice.

Enjoy

tom

Calendar  is completed but need to get approvals for release and by the time that all happens just waiting for 2008. Like you said Dave, its almost MAY, whats the sense. In the meantime ask your IronCAD reseller for a IronCAD Calendar Mousepad, there nice.

Enjoy

tom

17363[/snapback]

Tom,

I'll be anxiously waiting. By the way, I recently read an article about UG's latest release (I believe) and the author discussed a new feature that allows the user to use a non-history based assembly technique. Apparently, having all those contraints result in very frustrating attempts to make changes by different CAD users. And only now they are realizing this......? ohmy.gif

Dave

Tom,

I'll be anxiously waiting. By the way, I recently read an article about UG's latest release (I believe) and the author discussed a new feature that allows the user to use a non-history based assembly technique. Apparently, having all those contraints result in very frustrating attempts to make changes by different CAD users. And only now they are realizing this......?  ohmy.gif

Dave

17381[/snapback]

Interesting hah?, I just got back from a trade show down in Atlanta and its amazing how "ignorant" engineers have become ( especially in the US). This is not aimed at anyone, so please don't send me nasty emails. Its just a observation I've noticed at the trade show.

The resounding theme is " I need to know SolidWorks for my NEXT job". Funny if these same engineers worried about their present job half as much rather than their next job, maybe they wouldn;t have to worry at all. biggrin.gif

Anyway, Dave, there are 3 camps now in the CAD world:

1. History-Based Constraint - SolidWorks, Inventor, PRoE, and most of the lot, then

2. Non-History Based - CoCreate, Kubotek, and a some others, and finally

3. Hybrid-Based ( Both History and Non-History based) in which their are only 2 members ( that I'm aware of): IronCAD and UGS. Not sure if UGS' approach is on-demand as is IronCAD, if it isn't then there's 4 camps tongue.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well,

Decided to have interchangeable bodies for normal racing.

All complete execpt looking to redesign steering with cables instead of gears.

IronCAD_Body.JPG

IronCAD Configuration

Magnacad_Body2.JPG

Magnacad Configuration

Magnacad_Shot_3.JPG

Magnacad Nostagia Configuration

Edited by tlehnhaeuser