Arobat 3d... Tell Adobe What You Want...

Bernd Meißner

Dear forum members,

today I've met all the leading persons behind Acrobat 3D (Marketing, Envangelist & Development) and asked them about support for the IronCad file format. Their answer was simple: "if users demand it, we'll do it". So there just need to be enough voices to ask for Acrobat 3D supporting your favourite 3D application. While I'm not sure if I can give away the mail adresses of the persons above, you can definitely ask for this feature here: Create a feature request for Acrobat 3D

I think it's worth it, and IronCad is one of the few CAD apps that is NOT yet natively supported.

Bernd

Well I have had a hard time getting in contact with the correct peolpe there as well to get anything from them. So we are doing it in a different fashion. In V10, we will have the ability to export the 3D PDF using the our rendering toolkit. So then you can use the acrobat product to edit or add to it. Hope that helps.

Cary

Well I have had a hard time getting in contact with the correct peolpe there as well to get anything from them.

These would be Bahman Dara (Sr. Product Marketing Manager) or maybe Joel Geraci (Acrobat 3D Evangelist). They gave me the impression of being very interested in user's opinions... of course it could be marketing talk as well ;-)

So we are doing it in a different fashion. In V10, we will have the ability to export the 3D PDF using the our rendering toolkit. So then you can use the acrobat product to edit or add to it. Hope that helps.

17011[/snapback]

Is this an equivalent to the 3D capturing Acrobat offers?

Bernd

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
...In V10, we will have the ability to export the 3D PDF using the our rendering toolkit.

17011[/snapback]

Cary - any news on when V10 is coming? We're finally getting serious about overhauling our web site, and we plan to use 3D PDF extensively.

Cheers,

Beat

Hey IronFolks (i.e. Cary, Kevin, etc.) -

Would you dare attempting to answer my question? I'd really love to know.

Cheers,

Beat