Ironcad And Algor

Cary OConnor

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to see if there are users out there really taking advantage of the IronCAD to Algor association (whether the free part analysis with Algor or the full package of Algor). Please let me know so I can talk to you to get an idea how you are using it and how valuable the integration is.

Thanks,

Cary

We use the 'free' ALGOR package for fast/simple analysis because of its integration. We use STRAND7 for large analysis even though its not integrated.

Guest jkim522093

It's good to start to go full package of Algor, but actually basic free tool of Algor, DesignCheck has limit to the single part I think.

It seems to be a kind of bate!

We're using the free Algor Design Check provided by Ironcad. It has help us analzye the strength of single parts and has had a positive effect on our designs. I think that the basic package suits our use well, it seems that a mechanical simulator might require much more time and computing power than is practical for our needs.

Steve C

We are looking to possibly start some joint marketing efforts with Algor. Would any of you be willing to be mentioned in an advertisement or part of a case study?

Cary

16907[/snapback]

Hi Carry

Yes, I would be interested in a case study.

Thanks

Bimal

We use it ... MDTG... rave reviews for Algor full package and IC together...

Possible contract comming up where will be using IC, Algor for a customer that uses Catia... cant wait to see how it will all work out..

Edited by mmccall

We are looking to possibly start some joint marketing efforts with Algor. Would any of you be willing to be mentioned in an advertisement or part of a case study?

Cary

16907[/snapback]

Tangent, but if you work for a company large enough to have a "legal" department, you should check with them BEFORE agreeing to be the focus of a case study... trust me.

SORRY DAVID!!!!!!

Here's a funny story for you guys:

Back about 4 years ago, the company I worked for was comparing FEA software packages. They really liked Algor because they did what we needed them to do and were actually much less expensive than the other FEA programs. Unfortunately, Algor had trouble taking in IronCAD-generated IGES files and although the Algor rep told us they would work on finding out why, my former employer couldn't wait and ended up buying Cosmos FEA packages.

Within one year or so, Algor was advertising that they were a gold partner with IronCAD! If only my former employer had waited a while!

Dave