Scene Browser Expansion

tenvall

Is there a command/tool to enable the instantaneous full expansion of all assemblies/parts in the scene browser - right down to all elements within parts?

This ability would be very useful in checking for suppressed/orphaned elements in a scene, without having to manually expand every part.

If the red IC beam at the top of the Scene Browser is selected you can press the multiply "x" tangent on the num pad part of your keyboard.

The plus "+" tangent will collaps everything again.

When selecting a part/assy the plus "+" will expand that part/assy and minus "-" will collaps it.

You can also assign a hotkey to show the Scene Browser.

Tools > Customize > Keyboard tab > Category: View > Command: Show Scene Browser.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest EricFoy

This is all cool, but...

A version or two back, a change was made to the scene browser which now forces suppressed shapes to automatically collapse. So we now have no way to expand a suppressed shape in the scene browser. In the past, I used the ability to edit cross-sections of suppressed shapes when it was convenient for their visibility to be obscured, causing other entities to be visible (like projecting edges of other parts).

Can we get this functionality back? Or is there another way to do this?

Perhaps the IronDudes could just put the plus sign back onto the suppressed shape...

Guest mwalls558626

You are right on with that one Eric. That was a useful thing to have. I miss it myself every time I model something. I'm glad you brought that up. Sooooooo.......IronGuys......Can we get this feature back???? Please!!

Mike