3d Helpers

janttila

I know about 3dconnexions space stuff, and i've seen some things from logitech and so on....

But what is good and what is not, its not the ordinary products you're friend just bought and you can have a try.

And they are to expensive to try a bunch of them, so what do you do?

Post on the IC forum? hmm, why not.

what do you use and why is it the best choice?

We are using some Swedish products called Trioc 3D Controllers. I think 3-5 IronCAD users in Sweden are using a Trioc today.

Check out the webpage for some pictures, http://www.trioc.com

Contact me Johan and I'll see if I can send one to you for testing purpose.

Edited by Jonas@Solidmakarna

Hi Johan,

3D connexion just cam out with the SpaceNavigator which you can get for $59 as a personal use.

http://www.magnacad.com/3dx/3DXBuy.html

This uses the same drivers etc.. as all the rest and provides a good way to gauge how the rest perfrom with your applications but not test the ergonimics of each.

We do offer a free trial for the SpacePilot.

http://www.magnacad.com/3dx/14DaySPTrail.html

You raise a good point. I think I will contact my 3dx manager and see if theres a way to trail all as a bundle. Maybe you never know.

Tom

P.S. Don;t purchase these items on EBAY!!!! unless your absolutely sure of the source. We have had several clients decide to do that and never received the products. So out $300+.

I've got a spacemouse (3dConnection) and absolutely love it. Once you get the hang of it (which take a couple days or so) the control is unmatched. Unfortunately, (hint hint) there is still an "anomoly" when using 3dx stuff in 2D: if you zoom in past a certian point, all of a sudded your axies will swap. Not enough of a problem to not get a 3d controller.

Guest mwalls558626

I have been using the Spaceball type devices for years, and I can tell you that even though they are not that cheap, they are worth every penny, and then some. I am now using the SpacePilot on all the R&D computers. You really can't go wrong with any of them, but after using them for awhile, I find the SpacePilot to be the best so far. I use it for IronCad, all three of my Delcam products, Geomagic, Rhino, and others, and all things work great together. You can do a trial test of them from 3dconnexion, so do take advantage of the offer. You won't be dissapointed. I don't have any experience with any others that are out there, but I would be careful to check out what support and compatibility is available. Good hunting!

Mike