Copy parts along 3d curve

Joel Parrish

well sort of.

Create a 3d curve (Use curvy spline to really see the change)

Create a block

Turn on the block triball and move it to the curve

In part move move, right click on the center of the triball and drag it along the curve. The triball will follow the curve. You can release and choose copy/link/move. This *only* works with a single copy though. You can set it to a value of 2 and have those 2 stick to the curve.

Chris,

I was able to do that but that not exactly what I wanted to do... I wanted several parts be able to be copied with their orientation relevant to the curve...

It's not a problem, I've gotten by with out being able to copy that way, just thought it would be a time saver... IronKevin has submitted as an enhancement request...

Joel Parrish

www.pai-design.com

These are the Triball options I wish:

By rotating and copy a shape:

After choosing degrees and the number of copies, it would be nice to have an additional field for moving along the rotation axis ( it is there, but not activated yet). Say: “distance along rotation axis”. For the standard rotation it is zero. That way it would be easy to make twisted stairs.

This function could then become even stronger as a: “ distance along 3d line”

Triball positioning on 3d line works fine, but the copies will be in the direction of the Triball axis that was chosen. I want to copy along 3d line more than one copy and the copies should keep on the 3d line and keep their position geometry relative to the 3d line as it was in the start point.

To make Triball incredible strong IC could add further dialog fields as advanced copy options like: Scale shape, Scale Distance.