Diameter symbol

dsulli

My recollection is that it was there before adding the service pack, but I may be mistaken. It was certainly there in versions 4.x. My guess is that its disappearance is related to fixing the PDF symbol output issue (just a wild guess).

I'm filing a bug report on it right now.

My workaround has been to copy the symbol from the text page of the properties for a diameter dimension created normally, then paste it into the text page of the properties for the one you want to add it to. Tedious, but it works.

Regards,

Peter Domenicali

Upon reviewing the existing bug reports, I see this one's been discussed already beginning 3 days ago. I tried adding them under Edit/User Defined Symbols, and picking the Arial font, and that does indeed do the trick. It's still curious as to how they came to be replaced with O R R!

Regards,

Peter Domenicali

• 2 weeks later...
Guest npersson

I don´t know if you are aware of the old DOS trick.

Hold down the alt-key while you type

0216 = Ø

0176 = °

178 = ²

0179= ³

This increase my speed, thus I´m an old dog.

/Nicklas

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a fix for this for Win2K/XP:

Download that file, and unzip it. The quick way is to just double click on each .reg file and select yes to merge. They're registry files so you can of course look at them and make the changes manually if you want. You should not need to reboot after merging, just restart ironcad.

The HKLM_Ironcad.reg only needs to be run once per system

The HKCU_Ironcad.reg must be run once per logged on user. So if you run it then login as someone else, you'll have to run it again.

diameter_symbol_fix.zip