Create Parameters With Fasterners?

tlehnhaeuser

Anyone have an idea yo I can creta a parametric relationship to a fasterner ( i.e. Bolt).

For Instance if I chane the bolt from 1/2" to 1/2" have the hole update accordingly.

When I assign the parameters they are lost when I go to Add-On properties to change bolt.

any ideas are welcomed.

Thanks

Tom

If the fasteners are anything like the hot/cold rolled steel shapes (which I assume they are) you may be out of luck. Changing the Add-On properties effectively deletes and re-creates the shapes, in effect, deleting any associated parameters.

You could get crazy and create your own parametrically controlled fasteners...

Changing the Add-On properties effectively deletes and re-creates the shapes, in effect, deleting any associated parameters.

This is an ER, but i think it would be cool if the add-on properties based tools - (fasteners, steel shapes, etc, even gears) either modified or deleted and recreated only the automatic intellishapes, instead of the whole part. Why? If a catalog part (fasterer, steel shape) is modified to add burning, drilling, or welding - then changed - the added features might not be in the right place, but at least they would not be destroyed.

Guest IronKevin

How about Fasteners that link to vendor price lists, gave you a total order price and a order now button. Sent a man to ratchet them in and do routine maintenance based on your time schedule under Assembly Properties. PLM, baby!

IK

(did I forget to mention WiFi?)

How about Fasteners that link to vendor price lists, gave you a total order price and a order now button.  Sent a man to ratchet them in and do routine maintenance based on your time schedule under Assembly Properties.  PLM, baby!

IK

(did I forget to mention WiFi?)

16325[/snapback]

I think the "CAD Therapist" is off his rocker...you guys should let him go outside every once in a while.