Yes Or No-option

Christian Skytte

Christian-

The "Yes/No" values are merely the data type of the custom value which you yourself define. To my (limited) knowledge, it has no hidden or implied functionality.

As for examples of how you would use such a thing: We generally use custom property values to populate the main data on the firs sheet of a drawing (which is on a locked template layer). Because the layer is locked, the easy access to those items is through the use of the 2D properties. To implement such a thing, you need to set your text box up properly (which takes a little getting-used-to).

Try this:

-Drop a text box onto your sheet.

-Right-Click the text box and choose Properties.

-At the bottom of the "Text" tab, there is a drop-down box for the "Property Name" (the drop down box only displays a list of the standard properties, NOT anything you have defines as a "Custom" property). Select "IC-Title". (You will notice that the text becomes "$PRPDrawing:"IC-Title"")....(If you want to display a Custom property, the text portion of the box should read: "$PRPDrawing:"IC-[property name]"", where [property name] is the name of the custom property as you defined it).

-Goto File->Properties, and enter something in under the "Title" property (or whatever property you have set your text box to display), then watch as that data is displayed in the text box.

So... the Yes/No is just a data type for the propery list, and those properties are usefull for displaying common information in several or various locations.

Cary,

Thats exactly what I had in mind!!! PLEASE tell me how I could make it work (not nuch info in "IC Help"!!! sad.gif as usual! mad.gif ) using API!!!

(...what's the Old Automation??)

Ive done this template in which Id like to switch between two types in one template!

Ive made some icons (Embedded objects from AutoCAD) and two of them are placed upon each other

If I then only could suppress the one laying on top of the other if I would like to let the icon underneath to be shown! And here it would be nice if the on/off-sequence could control this ability!

But how can I use this API (which I dont think I know what is) or the old automation?

Mike..:

I know how to use the custom properties in the way you describes it because here at work Im the guy setting up all the templates done! BUT I dont know what you mean by this:

So... the Yes/No is just a data type for the propery list, and those properties are usefull for displaying common information in several or various locations.

(BTW

I would like IC to have something like the Drawing Head-macro tool, Smartext, is for Solid Edge!!

Its a macro-tool in which you can control the drawing head in a way you always wanted to control a drawing head!!

There are a lot of options the designer of the template can setup like:

·Taking the number from the saved 3D-part the drawing is based on (with OR WITHOUT the file extension!!!!!!!!)

·The date of creation (date the drawings first save!)

·Sheet counting (counts the number of total sheets and apply the correct number on each sheet!!!!)

·and much more of very professional and very good working features called from MS properties!!!

I really think you should try it out!!!

I could mail you the Smartext program if you would like to try it out?? but the DEMO disk of Solid Edge I cant bring you!!!! sorry!!!)

Because if you could create something like this - drawingheads would NEVER be mentioned in IC comunity again!!!

c_skytte

Edited by Christian Skytte