Would you like to beta test 5.2 SP1?

Chris Lohman

We are working on some fixes for 5.2 and would like to have the community help us beta test them. Would you like to be a beta test for Service Pack 1 for IronCAD 5.2?

Here's what a beta tester would do:

1) Agree that since it's beta, while we are doing everything we can to insure the code is solid, there's still a chance that something could go wrong. We will of course try to help fix anything that might break as a result of the beta patch, but you have to just realize that the potential is there and we can't guarantee 100% that it won't cause you to lose data or turn your monitor into a toaster oven.

2) Agree to provide feedback and work with me on anything that might break while the patch is installed. You essentially agree to be available and are willing to spend some time during the beta period working with us on whatever is necessary to insure the quality of the patch.

3) You would agree to, early in the beta program, spend a small amount of your time attempting to break IronCAD in a way that the patch is supposed to fix. We would provide you with a list of bugs that the patch is intended to address and you would try to prove whether or not the patch actually fixes that. We're not asking for you to spend all day testing, we simply want to insure that if you have the patch, you are actually testing the patch.

So if anyone would like to help us test this we would be VERY appreciative. Please send an email to clohman@ironcad.com with the subject "beta" and let me know if you are willing to help out.

FYI the beta program should run for the next 1-2 weeks then it is our goal to have the patch ready for the community shortly after, barring no massive problems with the patch wink.gif

Just to update everyone. I've have nothing but good reports from "the field" regarding the beta test. I have in short heard that IronCAD seems a bit more responsive (faster), and these users haven't hit an exception error or any other crash yet.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Werner Schappacher

Any news about Service Pack 1?

-------------------------------------------------------

FYI the beta program should run for the next 1-2 weeks then it is our goal to have the patch ready for the community shortly after, barring no massive problems with the patch

-------------------------------------------------------

Werner