Import From CATIA

Dave Parrish

Has anyone tried importing a CATIA model into IronCAD? I see that that capability is on the option list for Import, but I have not tried it yet.

We have a project that will be made much easier if we can import the customer's CATIA model. We can then simply build the machine around the part and off we go! Otherwise... big chore ahead.

If you have imported a CATIA file, please let me know what kind of success you had. biggrin.gif

Thanks,

Dave

blush.gif OOPS.... Sorry, folks... The customer file is not CATIA afterall... its UniGraphics, which is NOT on the list of import options.

Is it possible to import UG files into IronCAD? Or, is it possible to take it through another system and on into IronCAD?

Thanks...

Dave

• 2 years later...
A client and I want to try opening a Catia file to work out the bugs for future projects. 

Does the Catia translator have a time limit or license fee like the Granite translator used to (and maybe still does)?

8141[/snapback]

NO Time limit. Enjoy.

I do believe but check with IronDudes, but is works up til CatiaV4.2 not 5. Like I said I don;t know if this has been updated in last release.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...