Remote Commuter Mistake

mpawlak

Well now I've gone and done it. sad.gif

I've been checking out an IronCAD license to work at home on occasion, using the License Check-out and Remote Commuter Tools. It seems I got so comfortable with the process I got careless and left the default 180 day check-out duration and checked out a license! Now we are short a floating license and the instructions say: "Note that a remote commuter authorization cannot be checked back into the license server, but will simply expire on the remote computer after the number of days specified in the License Check-out Tool."

Am I truly officially screwed? I can't believe you can't get a remote license back - what if someone quits/dies/is fired/moves to France? The company could simply be out of luck for potentially 6 months?

Note to any license server software developers out there: make the default license check-out duration ONE DAY or allow remote authorization to be checked back in.

We have not installed v9 yet. Will having a license checked out cause problems for the upgrade? Or will the upgrade allow us to wipe the slate clean and get the checked-out license back?

I realize the license server software is not developed by IronCAD, but any help is appreciated.