5.2 Re-Install Problem

The other day, my computer lost the Administrator user profile. After that IC 5.2 would not run. So I decided to un-install it and re-install. When I went to add/remove programs in the control panel and clicked IC 5.2 to un-install, IC 5.2 dissapeared from the list of installed applications, without un-installing. At this point, I tried to re-install the application [see the two attached bitmaps showing the windows that I got when I tried to re-install IC 5.2.]. Of course I re-booted my machine in-between all the things I tried. Next, I installed IC 5.0 without a problem, and then tried installing 5.2 both ways listed in the readme file, but I keep getting the same results, those two errors as seen in the attached bitmaps. The Registry still has the IC 5.2 settings in there, I think. Can someone at IronCAD please tell me how to completely clear the registry of all IC stuff so I can install 5.2. I really need this done soon, because I cant open my files from 5.2 in 5.0. I'm using Win 2000 Pro. Thanks...

Sincerely,

Andrew Owens

A.bmp

B.bmp

A.bmp

Andrew,

My condolences. I have been in exactly the same situation a few weeks back - it's no fun. I had to go to regedit and search and manually delete every entry that has "IronCAD", "inovate", "VDS" (remember that one?). I even saw things left from IC3.2! After a few hours of grueling work I was able to install IC5.2, and everything works fine now.

Good luck,

Alex.

Okay, I tried Alexs suggestion about the registry, but it didnt work.

I would really like to hear from IronCAD LLC on this issue. I cant believe that the IC 5.2 install program is not capable of repairing the installation, even when that's one of its options. I was never able to install 5.0 on my old computer due to a glitch with the 5.0 install program. Am I now going to be forced to reinstall my OS from the ground up, as was the prescribed remedy for the 5.0 installation problem? OS reinstallation is the last thing I have time for! Iron dudes, there must be a way to get 5.2 back on my machine, Please help

Trying to wait patiently

Andrew Owens

Hello,

What Alex suggested is pretty much all that can be done to clear IronCAD from the registry. The first places to start are:

HKLM\Software\IronCAD & IronCAD LLC & Progress Soluzioni CAD

HKCU\Software\IronCAD & IronCAD LLC & Progress Soluzioni CAD

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ (Search for the word InnovationSuite and delete the key that you find it under. The key should be a guid that looks something like {02B83608-77B4-4DA1-A09E-4BA737E0E1A4})

Aside from those there are many many places in the registry with dynamic key names that we can't point to. If you search for IronCAD and InnovationSuite and just delete all of the keys that you find then you've pretty much done everything you can do.

Aside from all of this insure you also delete the Program Files/InnovationSuite folder.

The images you attached weren't error messages. They were just shots of the installer, so I don't have anything to go on. The post here might help.

I know the OS reinstallation isn't a desired option but seeing how it's been 7 days since your original post and you don't have a working system yet, the re-installation might be the fastest way to resolve this.

Chris,

This time I managed to get the registry cleared of all the references to IC, and 5.2 is now re-installed and working again. Thanks

It would certainly be more efficient if the IC installer could clean out the registry when problems like this crop up!

Sincerely,

Andrew Owens

Guest svangeldern

Andrew,

I use a product called RegCleaner that can be found at http://www.jv16.org/

It is a great program for cleaning the junk out of your registry. I have used

it for over a year and never had any problems. Oh I almost forgot.....its free.

Steve