Link Along Curve Problems...

I have a cross section which has been created, which is basically a 1/2 ellipse with a straight, tangent line attached to it (see bad immage below...which actually shows the ellipse converted into a spline, but you get the idea)

post-1137-1152138451_thumb.jpg

I am trying to use this path as both a guide curve for a sweep and as a path for a "Link along curve" operation (it is going to be a curved ladder...). Anyway, I took the 2D sketch, converted it to a 3D line, and proceeded to produce the sweep with no problems. When I trying to work the "Link along 3D curve", I am getting interesting results. The "rungs" will not follow both sections of curve. I can either get them to go in a straight line forever (they bypass the turn...), or (if I reverse the 3D curve direction), I can get them to follow the ellipse (in which they will continue along the elliptical path which has been trimmed away). I can not ever get them to do both. I have tried everything I can think of, (I even tried converting the ellipse part of the curve to a spline using a little double-offset action in 2D), with no luck. So... am I doing something wrong here or what?

Edit: P.S.; for some reason the site "crashed" (for me anyway) when I tried to upload a *.JPG image, which I assure you, looked a lot better.

Edit Edit: It looks like *.jpeg works fine, but *.JPG dosen't.... FYI

Edited by Mike Twining

It's my windows theme colors. I am a backwards kinda guy, so I like the backwards colors. Only drawback is that lots of programmers out there define white backgrounds and "automatic" text color, which makes things kinda hard to read sometimes.

I can send you the .theme file if you want, but it won't let me attach it to the post.

Note to programmers: If you specify a text color, specify a background color as well. If you set automatic text color, set automatic background color as well.