Changing scale, view position in 2D drawings

When I create a 2D drawing from a 3D scene, IronCAD lets me specify the views I want, but appears to create them at a scale and with a spacing between views of its own choosing. In most cases so far, the scale is smaller and the spacing between views is larger than I would choose. Presumably it does this to make everything fit on the page in some way it regards as optimum, but I would like to make the views larger and push them closer together. Is there a way I can change this?

Move with the mouse over a view; left click to activate; right click on activated view for popup menu; choose property sheet; change scale and choose other options.

You can do this with one or with several views at same time, and move the views later.

IC: choose left, options right.

Guest IronKevin

I addition to that, you can set the default Scale for all new views. Go to Edit, Default Element Properties, select Views, Other Properties and set the Scale. This won't control spacing but getting the Scale you want usually gets the spacing right.

IronKevin

This should probably be in the enhancement forum, but it fits this situataion. A nice addition to IronCad would be a sizing option without having to right click and choose a size. Once all views are selected that you want to scale simply click on an arrow to make the views larger or smaller. Have two sets of these little sizing arrows. One for large scale changes like 1:1 - 1:2 and one set for small scale changes. 1:1.1 - 1:1.2 etc. As of now we have to right click, put the cursor where you wish to change the scale, type in a number and hit enter. It's 4 clicks every time you want to scale a drawing view. It could be just 1 click. How many trips into that box will it take to get the view just the way you want? It takes me 2 - 4 trips to get the views to the largest possible size and still fit inside the paper limits. The ideal method would be to click and watch the views scale up or down right in front of you.

It coulld be like changing the text size in word (etc.) highlight what you want to change and hit the tab and a list comes down and you pick one.

I often need to go back and forth to get views just the way I need them.