Permanent suppression of chamfers and blends

B. Ludin

When I link a part into scene with several configurations which save suppression state and position of intellishapes, it sometimes becomes impossible to unsuppress blends or chamfers once they have been suppressed in one configuration. This does not seem to happen with hole intellishapes. Has anybody else observed this?

Beat

Guest EricFoy

I haven't seen this with respect to configurations, but I do occasionally get a blend or chamfer that just seems to get "lost". It becomes non-functional, and sometimes causes model instability.

-Eric

This has been happening to us for a long time now and has been brought to the attention of the powers that be. Unfortunately the occurrance is not repeatable on a regular basis. The loss of a chamfer in itself is not a great hardship until you realize that in the 2d drawing all your dimensions lose there association when the feature disappears. This has lead to entire drawings having to be redone because the zero of an ordinate dimension set was from an edge that used to be chamfered. We have resorted to using H blocks on a 45 degree angle to avoid this mess.

Jim

We are aware of the existance of a bug in previous versions of IronCAD that would cause a blend/chamfer to disappear. While that bug was fixed in 5.0 any data from previous versions could contain the problem and when loaded into 5.0 those blends would disappear as well.

Any brand new blends created in 5.0 on new parts created in 5.0 should not display this behavior. Replacing the blends on old parts with 5.0 blends should also overcome the issue.

Has anyone experienced this problem with new 5.0 scenes/parts/blends? If so will you please send me/attach an example? techsupport@ironcad.com