Error When Installing Pu2

jwikar

I tried to update our Ironcad licences with the new PU2

I only manged to update one machine, all others 4 gave the following error message, after a while I have started the update :

ERROR 1328 Error applying patch to file C:\config.Msi\PT19.tmp. It has probably been updated by other means, and can no longer be modified by this patch.

Also another annoing thing we have experienced for a longer period:

When starting Ironcad ,Desktop create 5 files as lsprst7.dll, lsprst7.tgz, sysprs7.dll etc

if I delete them they appear again next time Ironcad starts

I had the same problem, except it was PT65.tmp, then PT......... Uninstalled Ironcad & then re-installed 8.0 & updated from there with no problems.

Had 8.0, PU 1 & latest hotfixes (3) on Windows 2000.

excl.gif Unacceptable that no one from IronCAD replied to this from March 7th!! (Bad enough that the error occured in the first place.)

Wayne

Guest IronKevin

This post got entered in the "Discussion Topics" section and was sort of lost since it wasn't part of the typical furums. I moved it to General Discussions.

This upgrade install error happens less then 1% of the time so far has required a complete reinstall in each case.

IK