Export dxf / dwg

cborer

At export with this file format I get lines with points each about 55mm ( the original object is very large about 2000-8000mm)

How can I get a better result? Max 10mm or better: curves.

Carlo Borer

Guest dlalonde

I'm not sure if I understand the question, but it sounds like ironcad is exporting curves as polygons (line segments). The curves can be made into arcs and circles by setting curve type in the export dialog box to curve instead of linearized. Hope this helps.

index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=81

post-2775-207-8675.jpg_thumb

post-2775-207-3592.jpg_thumb

post-2775-207-1434.jpg_thumb

Thanks for your answer

I just was speaking to Chris who told me that dxf cannot read the Bsplines of IC and so it makes line segments. The problem with big parts is that we cannot control how many lines it makes.Standart subdivition is to rough.

Chris will make a suggestion about that.

Carlo

Guest dlalonde

Carlos, export your part from Ironcad in step format, import into Rhino (sorry Irondudes, but there will alway be a need for Acad and Surface modelling), use Make2d command to create 2d geometry from the 3d model, export the 2d geometry as dwg or dxf. This is what the export options dialog looks like...it will export real splines to dxf.index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=256

post-2777-207-4492.jpg_thumb

Wow! That was the help I needed!

Thanks a lot.

....I have Rhino for unfolding operations ( IC is still sleeping over that theme ) for the rest I dont know it to much.

Maybe I can export an unfolded face directly in dxf?...Ill try!

Thanks

Carlo

So I tried that. It works fine.

I wanted to take it back to IC to control it.

Result dxf/dwg import in IC:

Import on a scetch of a extrude shape; First appears a dialog box in feet ( I choosed for both CAD: mm); no mm to choose in that dialog box!?

Import looks like a milkyway galaxy with a shaddow of my part; and wrong scale.

I don`t know what to do now.

mad.gificon_Smile_dissapprove.gifsleep.gifohmy.gifsad.gif

I would supsect that IC cannot import DXF splines since it can't export them either. Just ot verify that, save from Rhino with polylines instead of splines and try again. It may not help you, but at least you'll know where the problem lies.

Beat

Hi Beat, thanks, ...this sounds logical!

I tried ...better results.

Still wrong scale, still no metrical dialog dialog box, still some strange points.

IC cannot clean away points.

Guest dlalonde

Carlo,

in Rhino, check (with Properties) the 'degree' of each curve that you wish to export to IRONCAD ... if higher than 3 then you can try Rhino's 'ChangeDegree' commmand to make the curves less complex before exporting. Let us know if this works.

Guest Steve McGuinness

Cborer...

On the import dialog box it is a little tricky. It shows around 3 options for scale when importing DXF/DWG in an extrude/spin etc command (first is Feet). You actually have to scroll down the list to find mm. See if that works!

Steve

At the end:

If you need to export dxf of a very large part (to a Lasershop), IC is not precise enough.

Do it with Rhino (from IC with STEP) and go back in the export options of Rhino to Autocad R12 (no Bsplines, just Polylines), choose the tolerance you need.

Thats it!

Carlo