Publish 3d On The Web, Html, Hsf

Robert Andersson

If you want to publish 3D info about your products on a webpage, this sample can help.

From IronCAD / Inovate, File/ Export a .HSF file.

Then edit a HTML page and insert the source code you see below.

Then users can go to you webpage and rotate your 3D models directly from inside Internet Explorer.

First time they have to accept to install a small plugin. Its a one button clock process.

The users can rotate the model with realtime shadowing.

Right click for the menu.

HSF modells are very compact.

Sample files are attatched as ZIP

Simply UN zip and dbl click on the HTML file.

First time you have to be connected to the Internet to install the plug in.

Good to combine with 2D drawings in PDF formats.

HTML_code.jpg

HTML_dump_2.jpg

Structure_HSF_and_HTML.zip

Edited by Robert Andersson

If you are talking about the Word Document, here you go:

To install the HOOPS 3D Stream Control on your system, build the control from the project or automatically download it by visiting the streaming gallery at hoops3d.com

After downloading or manually building the 3D Stream Control, it will be registered on your system. At this point the control is accessible from within the 'Insert->Object' list within MS Office applications (or any OLE-container application, such as Visio, etc...), and will be instantiated whenever web pages that reference the control are loaded into Microsoft Internet Explorer (MSIE).

'Filename' Property

To experiment with the 'filename' property, insert the HOOPS 3D Stream Control into MS Word by selecting the menu option 'Insert > Object' and selecting 'HOOPS 3D Stream Control'. DeSelect and then Select the object via a single click. This will then let you access the menu option 'Edit > HOOPS 3D Stream Control Object > Properties' (alternatively, you can right-click on the control's border). Choose a file with the .hsf extension and that file will be streamed in. The file can be local or specified via a remote URL such as 'http://www.mycompany.com/mymodel.hsf'.

Finally, double-click to activate the control 'in-place'. The control's right-click UI should now accessible.

Is there a way to protect the model so the user can only view it but not download and import it into a CAD application?

Beat

The HSF is just Facet data and not real brep. So importing into another system is unlikely. IronCAD can import facet and turn it into a solid but it can only work well on planar or true cylinder models. Usually you will get a bunch of facet edges (the triangles) so it doesn't help out much. So you should be pretty protected. If you put it in a word document, just make the document protected to only the one you want to see it.

Cary

I have evaluated and used Modelpress for a long time and it would be great, but the rendering is rather slow and it isn't supported under MacOS and Linux. Also, because of its the intolerance to imperfect geometry (which is almost unavoidable when importing data from other sources), it fails very often.

We want to put 3D models of products on our web site, but they often contain models of our collaborator's products, which we usually receive under an NDA which allows us to use the model for visual representation as long as it doesn't allow reverse engineering of the product. I'm not sure conversion to a facet model is enough protection to satisfy this requirement. Sure, there are ways to (manually) deteriorate the model, possibly w/o an impact on the visual representation quality, but it's a time-consuming extras hassle.

Cheers,

Beat

Is anyone using IronWeb (Tools->IronWeb)? We recently found a need to make a very large number of our models available to our dealers online. IronWeb allows us to batch create web pages with 3d models for an entire directory & all its subdirectories. It even creates thumbnails that could be incorporated into an index page.

Unfortunately, this only seems to work with Internet Explorer - Firefox is not supported sad.gif

You can use this free plug in to Firefox, then you can view ALL websites that works with IE:

https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/morei...umpg=10&id=1419

The plug in installs a new button in Firefox. Clicking on that button will change the

active web site to be viewed in IE, but still you are in Firefox.

So all bookmarks and everything still works.

This is a must have, for Firefox users.

Have a simple link on your webpage for users with Firefox browsers.

IE_fireFox_.jpg

Edited by Robert Andersson

Thanks Robert!

This works in a lot of cases - but not for the IronWeb pages. I get the HOOPS window & can apparently rotate the view, but it doesn't display the .hsf model.

It does remove the need to switch browsers for a number of files that require IE, but it must still be missing some of the functionality for full compatibility.

-Mike

Hi all!

I sent a mail to TechSoft in december regarding hoops in FF and got this answer:

I’m afraid that we still have no immediate short term plan to support Firefox as this is a major development effort and would take many months of work. We do however continue to take on projects that our customers require and it’s very possible that in the next few months we decide to create a Firefox plugin with HOOPS and I will keep you posted.

How important is this for you and when do you need it?

Best Regards,

Yanick

Another answer:

I too think it would be good to have Firefox support and will push for that in HOOPS 15 which should be ready at the end of next year. I will keep you posted.

Best Regards,

Yanick

I sure hope it will go faster than that! But no plans right now as it seems...

If you are talking about the Word Document, here you go:

Choose a file with the .hsf extension and that file will be streamed in.  The file can be local or specified via a remote URL such as 'http://www.mycompany.com/mymodel.hsf'.

Finally, double-click to activate the control 'in-place'.  The control's right-click UI should now accessible.

13007[/snapback]

Cary,

OK I get this far ,but in the window how do I choose a flle. there doesnt appear to be an option for that.

thanks

Tom

• 1 year later...

Dear Cary:

When you have to success embeding hsf file inside Word and doing right click, there are an animation option, how can I do to play. I exported IC animation model like hsf, but it is static.

blink.gif

• 4 months later...
If you want to publish 3D info about your products on a webpage, this sample can help.

From IronCAD / Inovate, File/ Export a .HSF file.

Then edit a HTML page and insert the source code you see below.

Then users can go to you webpage and rotate your 3D models directly from inside Internet Explorer.

First time they have to accept to install a small plugin. Its a one button clock process.

The users can rotate the model with realtime shadowing.

Right click for the menu.

HSF modells are very compact.

Sample files are attatched as ZIP

Simply UN zip and dbl click on the HTML file.

First time you have to be connected to the Internet to install the plug in.

Good to combine with 2D drawings in PDF formats.

13000[/snapback]

Robert,

Trying to do this and I have one problem getting it to work. I can seem to the Hoops window to load the hsf file when I visit the website. I have tried every combination in your code to somehow direct it to look at a url for the hsf file, but cant get it. Can you direct me as to what portion of your code directs towards the actual hsf file?

Thanks

Tom