Animation -> Movie

Christian Skytte

Hi,

I'm trying to make a pretty simple movie clip of an animation!

The first picture of the film seems to be just fine! ...but the rest of it look awful!!

Here is a very short sample of the movie test_2.avi

What am I doing wrong??

How do I reach the best quality of the clip and which one is the best compressor?

Could someone please give me an detailed description how to make it look good?!

Christian

You may have to try a different compression method (depends what is available on your machine). I have found that it is better to export the movie as Tiff or Targa (It will automatically export each frame of the movie). Then import this into another program that can make the movie from the image frames. If you have XP, you could import it into the MovieMaker and compile it there. This will give you a high quality movie since you can export the images in higher quality without the effects of the compression.

Cary

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm not that advance with MovieMaker. I usually use PaintShop Pros Animation Shop. In Movie Maker, Import the images. Go to tools/options/advance. Set the two durations to the smallest amout allowed by both (I think this is basically the FPS). Select all the pictures and drag to the timeline. Then just hit play. It should be smooth at this point without adding any transitions.

Cary