0 Tab When Selecting A New Template

bbuche

Maybe it's because it is late on a Friday, but I'm not following. I made our Template directory structure exactly as in Kevin's example & restarted IronCAD, but am still getting the 0 tab. Is there a folder that corresponds to the 0?

(Not really a big deal, but it's one extra click to get to our templates.)

Hi!

I've seen this a couple of times. It seems like the register can't find the proper value, but creates a new value instead. There's no folder under the ...\Template folder that's called 0.

However, this is quite easy to fix. Open the register editor (Run "Run" under the start menu and type "regedit"). Make sure that IronCAD is closed before you preceed. Also notice that changes in the registry can lead to problems. So don't play with it if you don't want any accidents wink.gif

Under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IronCAD 8.0\General you have two strings called "DefaultDrawingTemplateSet" and "DefaultSceneTemplateSet".

They both have the value "0". Doubleclick on one at a time and change them to the value you want, for example "ISO" as default drawing and "Metric" for the default scene. Or type the names for your own made template folders.

Here's a pic of those values in the registry...

regedit.JPG