Rendering

cborer

Guest IronKevin

There isn't any rendering plug-ins for IronCAD that I am aware of but we do export .3DS any many other file formats that can be imported into other rendering packages.

IronKevin

Dear Iron Kevin ( or is it stainlesssteal? )

I know! But mostly the rendering softwear is a plug in ( as above ) and we need additional the CAD that it works with.

So any tips for solo working render tools? Web sites?

Yes, I agree. Ironcad needs to support additional rendering engines that provide high end features like; radiocity, dual processor support, network rendering of both stills and animation, better (area) light types with better soft shadows, improved materials (brushed metals, 3D procedural textures), and output of Flash or Adobe Illustrator files.

The problem with using an external software package (Cinema, Lightwave, Max) for rendering is the time it takes to export the geometry and set up materials. This is especially a problem when dealing with large assemblies that are still being designed. Additional, getting a smooth mesh can also be very time wasting.

I would pay at least $800 to $1000 to have this added to the base IC.

Bret Kline

ID Solutions