Cataloging Entire Scenes Behavior

tlehnhaeuser

While exploring a way to catalog entire scenes, I have stumbled on something that may be useful be don't know how yet. Maybe some members can have some ideas.

Basically you can drag the entire scene into a catalog by dragging the Scene Icon from the Scene Browser into a catalog.

When you drag that Scene into a new Scene it actually becomes an Embedded OLE object and the parts don’t show up in the new scene, so I open the embedded scene and there are my parts, at this point I can save to a new scene file if desired.

Also, if I make a slight change and Close it goes back into the original scene that I dragged into as an Image in the scene. This image can be treated like a part where you can resize it, etc...

In the image, used it as a backdrop that accepts shadows, etc...

CatScenes2.JPG

This seems cool, but not sure if this is the intended behavior and if there is even a benefit to this.

So does anyone have ideas?

Tom

Hi Cary,

I remember the eOLE stuff from way back, but is the a way to drag and drop the entire scene into anothere scene NOT as OLE?

I know I can Insert but I want to creta catalogs of Scenes.

Thanks

Tom

Edited by tlehnhaeuser