V8 Is One Packed Upgrade!

pdomenicali

So I just installed V8 and have started to play with it. I haven't explored everything new yet, but the mechanism animation looks fantastic. I do hope the new constraints survive better than the old ones, as they are hopefully based on new code.

I took advantage of the animated demos in the new features document. They were a very valuable introduction/tutorial that will make it more likely I will use the new capabilities. I highly recommend that users have a look and invest the small amount of time it takes to view these great little animations. Someone put a lot of work into creating them, and they show you things you would otherwise possibly never know existed.

The ability to set your preference to jump to the distance in the copy/link dialog is a very welcome productivity enhancement. Yeah!

All the new blending is going to take me a while to play with, but the new abilities seem very powerful.

I'm particularly interested in the new drafting feature, as it is much better than having to tilt faces individually, or introduce tilted sides in a bunch of individual intellishapes. This new ability seems very powerful and I look forward to using it in a casting I'm working on now.

As a user since V3, I can truly say this upgrade is the most substantial ever.

Kudos to the development team! biggrin.gif

Edited by pdomenicali