SHW32.DLL - Ordinal could not be found

Chris Lohman

Well, apparently *everyone* installed 5.0 last night as my mailbox and voicemail were full of messages regarding this exact same problem biggrin.gif

"The ordinal 256 could not be located in the dynamic link library SHW32.Dll."

So here's the problem. IronCAD relies on a new version of this SHW32.dll which we install into c:\Program Files\InnovationSuite\Common . It appears that on many of your systems a VERY old version of that SHW32.DLL has been installed elsewhere. The most common location is c:\winnt\system32. IronCAD is finding that old dll before it finds it's own and is trying to load the old version which of course doesn't work. It therefore crashes.

THE FIX:

Get rid of that other SHW32.DLL or copy the one from IronCAD on top of it. I suggest making a backup copy of the old version just in case.

Since we just found out about this problem we don't yet know what other application relies on that old version of the SHW32.dll. It is not delivered with the operating system by default so some other program must have installed it. Apparently it is a very common application because there are TONS of you that are experiencing the same problems so if anyone figures out what application installed this old version of the file please let me know.

• 3 weeks later...