dubble lines

Guest Wim

When I make a drawing from several flat sheetmetalparts in 1 icd I have to use the`general view`-tool.First I prepare the ics , and with the `look-at`-tool i get the part to be from the top-view, then i go to the ics and in 4.0

there was no problem, but now when i export to autocad to prepare the dxf for lasercutting i get dubble lines on 1 side.When using the standerd-view things are ok, but it can be used only once/icd.So it takes me much more time now to get cuttable dxf`s.I could use a hint on this......

Wim

Guest Werner Schappacher

Hi Wim

That sounds, as if IC has still the same old problems with double lines inside R5.0

I still work with IC4.2.

Whenever I export a DWG from IronCAD and import this drawing in ACAD, I have more than one line on the same place.

Visible edges and hidden edges behind each other.

It is very difficult to see which are the visible edges and which are the hidden.

I tray to work without hidden lines, but sometimes it's impossible.

What I miss, is a clean DWG with single lines and not this lines on eath other.

It's a waste of time. to clean up this drawings.

I realy would like to know, how all the other users come around with that.

Werner

How it looks inside ACAD14

Werner

Create a standard view. Then CTRL drag the red view frame it a little bit to the side, if you want a copy of that view. You can use a different configuration for each view if you want.

In sheet metal that could be flat and folded for example. Remember that you can control wich sheet metal surface to unfold around in a scene.

IronCAD supports layers in the exported DWG/ DXF. You can for example create a new layer called "Hidden edges" in a ICD. Assign hidden edges to that layer. Turn that layer off. Save that ICD as a special template. Use that template for DWG export. (You can also force 1:1 scale if you want.) It could be a good idea to remove the drawing frame also in that template.

Then, in Autocad you will have a drawing with no hidden lines in. Still you can turn on the layer "hidden lines" in Autocad if you want.

Hope this is helpful in some cases,

Robert Andersson