Algor.. Assembly Analysis To Single Part Analysis

mmccall

One thing to be aware of...

Sometimes when doing an assembly analysis.. I may think through the process and make an attempt to reduce the complexity of the geometry or the assembly to drive down analysis time...

If you are running an assembly.. and have all your contact analysis constraints there.. then change your mind and decide on reducing the number of components and making up for it with additional constraints.. be careful... you may get an error message about the model...

Just run a geometry check to be sure.. .

What happened in one particular case.. after repeated changes and model checks... I finally understood one critical vague error statement... in essence something was wrong with my contact element...

This struck me as being strange... since I had reduced the analysis to one part.. meaning.. I replaced all the other components with equivalent constraints..

AAAAHHH... the contact element still showed up on my tree browser... even though I was no longer analyzing an assembly...

the element still read "Contact (default: bonded)".. when it should have read "Contact (default: free)"

No problem..just blow away that analysis record (delete from the analysis folder to get rid of the file from memory al together) and re-mesh from IC again...

Problem solved... got my results and everything works fine...

MY DESIGN REALLY SUCKS !! more work ahead..