AutoDesk Apps can break IronCAD 5.0 install

Chris Lohman

A member of the community just found this and sent me an email: If any of the latest AutoDesk products are installed on top of IronCAD 5.0, it could cause IronCAD to misbehave. Parameters and the Bill of Materials might not work, and some files may fail to load properly. I am unable to test or prove this information but feel it's from a reliable source.

The cause is the AutoDesk product installs a file named og70as.dll into the system32 folder instead of into its own folder. IronCAD uses a file with the same name and since the AutoDesk application was installed last, the AutoDesk DLL is the last one to be registered on the system. IronCAD thus attempts to use the DLL from AutoCad instead of its own and things don't work properly.

The fix is to move that og70as.dll into the AutoDesk Applications Program Files folder. With it moved from that registered spot, both applications should be forced to look into their own program files to find that DLL and when they do, they will both use their own.

This person was running on Windows 2000.

I just encountered this exact situation with another application while working with another user of IronCAD this morning. Here are his comments:

I have IntelliCAD 2000 (AutoCAD 2000 LT clone) running on my Dell Inspiron 5000e w/MS 2000.

After moving og70as.dll to IntelliCAD folder, everything seems to work fine - both apps.