.icd Company Format Template will not save in 5.0

Guest ebedding

Guest ebedding

I would recommend against upgrading to 5.0 until testing your old .icd files in 5.0 on non-production drawings only. Make sure you have everything backed up or use save as (not linked) for all testing. I loaded 5.0 and everything was fine untill I tried to save an existing .icd (using our customised company template). The origanal .icd file was overwritten with no data, then the program failed to save. This essentially renders all our existing .icd drawings on our company format non-usable in 5.0. Needless to say we will wait on the upgrade until this is fixed (I had to restore from tape to recover my work). Be aware that 5.0 is not backwards compatable. Anything saved in 5.0 cannot be opened in 4.2. Test carefully before proceding.

I am the one that spoke with you on the phone regarding this last night Erik. I want to assure you that many people (including the president of the company) are aware of the problem and are currently working on a way to resolve it a.s.a.p. This is the highest priority issue for us right now and will be resolved. I'll let you know more when I have more.

• 2 weeks later...