Screws and tapped holes interfering

B. Ludin

The "Check Interference" function detects screws in tapped holes (is that the correct term in english?), which makes the function useless to check for slightly misplaced screws or holes and very cumbersome for detecting any interference in models containg a lot of screws.

Does anybody have a fix or workaround for this issue?

Beat

Guest EricFoy

I usually create a group containing the screws. That makes it very easy to select and supress them all, which I do for various reasons. Also, I often create an independent part called "BOLT PATTERN", which I use to make copies of and then use boolean subtraction to "drill" the holes. This way I am assured that my pins, bolts, and holes all line up.

-Eric

Thanks for the workarounds, Eric. I'm not using groups because I can't seem to add or remove individual items from an existing group. Nor can I define a group for items which reside in different assemblies. This renders the grouping function largely useless for me. Or am I missing something?

Still, it would be really nice if the Check Interference function would work cleanly. Chris, can propose this to those in charge?

Beat