Yeah Baby... Algor !

mmccall

"IronCAD is very pleased to announce the integration of ALGOR's FEMPRO application from within IronCAD. "

YEAH BABY!!... about time!!!... I am so SICK of importing and exporting and dealing with Pro/Mechanica...

I think I will sue IC for mental anguish... forcing me to use other programs...HA!!..

Where do I place my order... somebody give me a call...

"FEMPRO which provides direct CAD/CAE data exchange and full associativity for each design change in IronCAD"

I am going to MAX that package out... let me check the bank...

AND CFD!!!... here we go with intake design again..

Guest mrehnelt

I watched the demo on the piston analysis, and was impressed. From what I remember about the COSMOS demo I did some years ago, the functionality is very similar. I immediately contacted Algor and got a quote, the cost of the seat is also very comparable to COSMOS as well, but they have more room to give discounts since they sell direct, no resellers involved. We are considering a network license to accommodate our 5 users. They could have chosen a better name tho.....FEMPRO?

-Mike

HA!!..FEMPRO...

Yeah.. they have a really good interface.. much like COSMOS... I like the automated report writing also.. COSMOS does the automated report writing also...

I was trying to do a situation much like the piston example... where they were able to window drag all the top faces to set the constraint to those faces...

In Mechanica, you would have all day to set up a surface region... the window selection ability is much better..

Assemblies are really slick !!...

Did you see that real world comparison of the sledge hammer on that aluminum beam?... really accurate... being able to realistically get results in the inelastic region... man... slick... then how it is able to show the residual stresses and the effects.. man...

I have seen and know some real ABACUS power users.. I can't wait to get some of their input on Algor...

It seems like you need a PHD to run ABACUS...

GUYS and GALS... if you haven't gone to the Algor site, you really should... cool way to spend a friday evening looking at all the movies... they just play through...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Will the link into IC automatically be there when you get Algor?...will that icon automatically show up?

I should be getting Algor this week.. just wondering if there is any particular package or do I just specify that I am using IC ?

Looks like from the explanation given to me from the folks at Algor.. that when you load Algor, it will automatically sniff for the IC and make things run and the button icon will show up automatically...

Or atleast somewhere in the pulldown menue...

Downloading now.. will know in about 2hrs!!!

Edited by mmccall

• 1 month later...