Microsoft Intellimouse - Middle Button?

prenolds

Hi All,

My trusty Logitech Mouseman+ has pretty well expired after dozens of "open-heart" cleanings... I just purchased an MS wireless mouse because it feels pretty much the same as my Logitech in my hand. Unfortunately I can't figure how to assign the middle button function to one of the extra buttons. In the mouse config, you have tons of options but they all seem to relate to surfing and there isn't a "middle" button option. Has anyone figured out a workaround? I really need the orbit function... TIA.

Cheers, Peter

Peter,

Try going to TOOLS>OPTIONS>Mouse Tab within IronCAD and set the middle mouse buttong to the desired option.

See Pic.

Hope tis helps

Tom

post-48-1112644756_thumb.jpg

9535[/snapback]

If you have installed MS Intellimouse 4.x (the mouse software, and I believe they are on v5.x) with your mouse, be sure that in the Intellimouse interface, the middle button is still assigned to "AutoScroll (default)" or IronCAD won't recognise your button click.

Just as an additional note, the Intellimouse 4.x software allows for something called "Program Specific Button Settings" which the 5.x version does not. This allows you to program your mouse buttons to do whatever you want in each specific program. It is a great tool for getting your thumb buttons (button 4 & 5) doing things in IronCAD.

MikeT

Edited by Mike Twining

Thanks Mike and Tom,

You were right Mike - assigning the desired mouse button to "Autoscroll" gave me back my orbit function in IC. The mouse came with the 5.0 driver so I'll keep that info re the 4.x version driver in the back of my mind - but now everything seems to be working great.

FYI, I think my Logitech mouse was over 10 years old. I'm sure going to miss her but her buttons have become intermittant and all the textured plastic on the side has worn to a polish...

Cheers, Peter

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rbame

The intellimouse is awesome... I recommend assigning the the thumb buttons too. I have the rear thumb button as F10 in ironcad which will turn on the tri-ball, and the front thumb button as zoom all...

This is a huge time saver and I could not work without it.. If you cannot afford a Space mouse this is the next best option...

Guest mwalls

Your right Mike T. I do use the MS Intellimouse optical along with a Spaceball 5000 and I can tell you that it is worth every penny. Other than typing in a dimension, I rarely have to go to the keyboard. The ability to use all the buttons and moving and zooming and picking at the same time is great. I use it with all my Delcam, Rhino, Geomagic, and MS Office software, and it makes all of them easier and faster to use. I now want the new Space Pilot version that is out. Looks like it has some nice features on it. Just my .02 worth.

Mike

Hi Mike,

A little sales talk here. Feel free to trial the SpacePilot for 30 days with no obligation or out of pocket expenses. Click here to request your trial SpacePilot:

http://www.3dconnexion.com/sp_try_buy.htm

If you like it, contact me at tom@magnacad.com and I'll get you a good price for it. The List price is $499, but I can knock some off for you if your interested.

Enjoy

Tom

PS: Visit our 3Dconnexion site for other motion controllers: http://www.magnacad.com/SoftwareDivision/3...nexion/3dx.html

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mwalls

Thanks Tom,

I already signed up for the test drive. The only problem is a delay of at least a couple of weeks or so because of the demand. I'll let you know when I get one, unless you can get me one quicker. Then I'll contact you for a good deal! ha

Mike