3d Curve Editing

mgajewski

Perhaps I am missing a huge chunk of information but I do not know how to perform elementary operations to edit 3D curves

1. How do I move individual control points on a bezier 3D curve with a TriBall?

2. How do I trim and extend a 3D curve?

3. How do I constrain the movement of a 3D bezier curve control point to a plane (it seems to me that those 3D beziers have minds of their own when I try to adjust them...)

4. How do I make 3D bezier curve control points snap to objects/faces etc.?

5. How do I attach other segments (lines, arcs, beziers) to a 3D curve and force tangencies to be preserved?

I now feel that my 3D curves are pretty much completely out of control and therefore I cannot realize their huge potential. Any tips on the above questions (or any other important 3D curve creation/editing tips) would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Mark

1. Click on the control point and turn on the triball and enjoy!

2. Not possible today.

3. Use the Triball planes for movements (refer to #1).

4. Triball Center.

5. Not really possible today unless done at the time of creation (Meaning you cannot create a spline then create a line somewhere else then try to join them. If you create the spline then create a line adding it to the end of the spline, there is an option on the 3D Curve editing toolbar to maintain smooth connection so it will be tangent.

Cary

ER -

While were on the subject, It would be nice while editing the 3D curve you can hava hotkey to "jump" to the next control point while keep the TriBall on. For instance, I pick a cp and move it, I want to go to the next cp and move it the also, so a hotkey would save some steps.