Hp Designjet 500 Series

Floris Stam

Who does have a error message when you do the following.

You have a HP Designjet 450, 500 plotter or other type.

You run IronCAD V7 with Product Update 1

Print a drawing on a A1 sheet.

You will get a error message when the printing.

If somebody doesn't have this problem please give me the driverversion you use.

One user has this situation, IC 7 PU1, HP DesignJet 750c 00, latest HP driver:

- using std iso format for printing a4 - a0: No problem (on any printer).

- to avoid "shrink" due to printer margins = to keep scale 1:1 on printed

paper, they use to set special paper size in printer dialog, slighly

bigger than std.

Result ok in IC 6.2.

In IC 7 PU1 : application error

- it seems that IC 7 is affecting printer driver in a way that IC 6.2 (and

earlier) did not.

- temp. work around, go thru PDF?

regards

Henrik

Guest Eddy Huis in t veld

This works fine for IC but with other applications we need the change the driver back to HP Designjet 500 + HPGL2 to prevent problems.

I suggest to fix this driver problem a.s.a.p. so everybody is happy again.

Eddy

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jhenderson
This works fine for IC but with other applications we need the change the driver back to HP Designjet 500 + HPGL2 to prevent problems.

I suggest to fix this driver problem a.s.a.p. so everybody is happy again.

Eddy

8063[/snapback]

I have the same problem but we have found that if you select Raster mode rather then the default Vector it will print without any problems.

I have a HP Design Jet 800 and after loading IC7.0 PU1 I also had problems printing. The switch to raster verses vector allowed printing .ics files ok. The problem I ran into was trying to plot .icd files. If the paper size was less than 11" x 17" it generally printed. If it was larger (24" x 36") it would lock up IC. I found I had to switch the print resolution to fast (instead of normal) to keep it from locking up. I have the latest driver so I don't know what the problem is.

I have a HP Design Jet 800 and after loading IC7.0 PU1 I also had problems printing. The switch to raster verses vector allowed printing .ics files ok. The problem I ran into was trying to plot .icd files. If the paper size was less than 11" x 17" it generally printed. If it was larger (24" x 36") it would lock up IC. I found I had to switch the print resolution to fast (instead of normal) to keep it from locking up.  I have the latest driver so I don't know what the problem is.

8367[/snapback]

The bug is related to new functionality that is not present in 6.0 and for which printing did not work in 7.0. PU1 made the printing work... but now it seems that when the print-out is large enough, we run in to memory exhaustion issues. It is really unrelated to the printer driver (except in terms of how high a resolution your driver supports).

This will require a code change to fix, and we are currently debating the best way to do this as there are trade-offs to consider.

In the mean-time, Sterry has the only work arounds.

1. Print using the raster option

2. Print using a lower printer resolution (of course as your page gets larger, the resolution change will be negated)

3. Copy the drawing to a sheet using a pen and ruler (just kidding).

Sorry for the inconvenience, and we will provide more information on progress as it is available.

Also, does anyone out there have a pen-type plotter? Are these even used any more? I have a couple of questions.

Thanks.