Please Give Me My 6.0 Back

bbuche

I am a hesitant IronCAD user to begin with but now all the hassels and load times and increased save times this is getting kind of silly. I do like some of the improvements that they are trying to get to us but I crash now more than I ever did.

Signed

A disgruntled IronCAD user

As always, you are free to install 6.0 but that will do nothing to help the quality of the product.

Please let us know what you are doing when your application crashes and we will do our best to resolve the situation.

It may seem that some enhancement requests or defect reports are never fulfilled, but we do give highest priority to reproducible application crashes. Before we can reproduce, we need to know how you do.

Thanks

Dear Disgruntled,

What type of crashes to you speak of. Total Shutdown?, Blue screen of Death?. I ask because we haven't experience any major crashes in several years now.

I'll try to help if I can.

PS: Just for my own sense of curiosity, you seem to be "Forced" to use IronCAD. What were you using, if you do mind me asking? Either way, once you get to know IC, you'll be glad you were "forced".

... now all the hassels and load times and increased save times...

I too would like to know what you are working on where you are seeing increased anthing other than productivity. Personally, I have been dancing a jig over here with all the speed improvements from even 7.0 (which was light years ahead of 6.0). The models I have been working on have gone from nearly unbearable in 6.0 to downright fun in 7.1.

Now, the IronCAD community is a GREAT place to get any problems you are having solved. We are not psychics, nor swamies, nor the complaint department.

A great man once said:

"If you got a problem, Yo, I'll solve it. Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it"

-Vanilla Ice

...so, what is your problem?

Signed

Dances Like a White Boy (MikeT)

Crashing could be caused by

1) Your ironcad.tbc file

2) The installation: Unsupported OS, installed while other apps were running, etc

3) Not enough ram/pagefile (once you push the limit, it can't exit gracefully) Try using the /3GB switch.

4) Not enough disk space for the %temp% variable. (IE the c: drive has less than a gig of free space)

5) The data (send us data to investigate)

6) Bad graphics drivers (Pull down tools/options/rendering, uncheck automatic, check "software", ok out. See if crashing goes away)

Of course when it crashes, if it throws an "exception error", then it will often write an "exception log". In the error dialog it will display the path to the log. If you send us that log, then it will tell us more info about the crash.

To answer all posts at once.

I came from an AutoCAD background

Yes my company switched systems to IronCAD

I am giving it a chance and they have come a long way from where they started.

We do use IronCAD at my work different than other users I do believe

in wich we use it for modeling and we also do multi-page layouts for sets of

instructions using many configs, ole objects and pictures.

What I was doing a couple of times when I crashed

1. I hit cntrl+P to print a pdf.

Result- file gave me an error, locked and I lost all of my work from my last save

2. Tried to double click an ole object to edit it

Result- error report, locked, lost all of my work

Result 2- completely shut my machine down

It is hard to say why saving is taking longer may be the larger file sizes

I am working on a 3ghz machine with 3 gigs of memory and a 100 gig hd

so I dont think it is my machine.

I am not trying to just complain I just hate loosing my work and with the

longer save times I have been experiencing it is hard to set my autosaves

up.