N.E. USERS

cpariseau

Hi Corey I work for Kadant Web Systems in Auburn. The reason I was looking for local users is to see what problems other users are having also what type of hardware you are using. We are starting to look at new hardware and would like to get a cross section of what other users are running IC on. Thanks Chuck

I'm running 5.2. Performance is good for what I do here. The assemblys I create are no way hear 10meg, on average they are less than 2meg. I only use it as a secondary tool, to design some of the more complicated stuff. We manufacture superabrasive grinding wheels, so just about everthing I do is round, with maybe some complicated face geometry. And everything is then transfered to a 2D CAD system. Hope this is helpful.

Chuck I run a Dell Precision 530 and I'm aware of two other ironcad users that use hardware that's almost identical to mine. I got mine refurbished from Dell for 2/3 the retail price and this is their top box right now. With 2 gigs of ram and 64meg Perc3 RAID card with 4 15rpm scsi drives, these things can handle scenes up in the 75-100 meg range. I highly recommend these boxes and they have a great deal of growth potential if you start out smaller.

We have a compaq evo in house with very similar specs to my dell and there is a very noticeable difference in performance. The Dell ourperforms the compaq with the exact same hardware specs by far.

We recommend Dell.