Forum problems

Guest Urban Olars

Guest Urban Olars

I have some questions regarding this forum:

What is the correct way to insert pictures (not attach them) into a topic? I have tried but it doesnt seem to work. It seems like other people is having trouble with it too, so how should it be done?

I have tried to upload some of my IronCAD catalogs to IronCAD-Custom Stuff, but there seems to be a lot of troubles involved. First, it seems like you cannot upload more than one file per topic, because they all get the same ID-number. This seems like a strange limit to me. Please change it!!

The biggest of the catalogs was 58MB uncompressed, which became 23MB when zipped down. I didnt think that 23MB was to much to upload, but obviously it was. I have tried everything I can think of, but I only get a message after some minutes that it cannot find the server!? I have tried to change the Script Timeout Value but it didnt help either. In my last attempt I had used Winace compression to split the file up in 4MB pieces, but the file extension (.c00) wasnt accepted by your server. Does it really have to be this complicated to upload files?

Does it exist a filesize limit? If it does, then please remove it!!

Enidine_adjustable.zip

Enidine_adjustable.zip

Enidine_accessories.exe

Enidine_adjustable.exe

Enidine.exe

Enidine_adjustable.exe

When you upload an image if it is a recognized format the the forums will automatically use an image tag instead of a hyperlink.

The trick to uploading anything in general is once you click on the upload file you have to wait. It doesn't provide any feedback on the fact that it is uploading, but it is. This is the one thing that bothers me about the forum and the one thing that I have yet to figure out a workaround for. So just sit and wait forever and once it finally finishes it will actually change the little upload box to a "completed" message. Now here's the real trick, you have to click on the "Close Window" link. Clicking on that link writes back to your post the information for the attachment to appear in the post. If you just close the window using the "x" instead of hitting the link, it won't work.

There is no filesize limit but it can time out. A 58 meg file could take 2 hours to upload on a dsl, something like 20 hours on a modem. If that timeout value is higher than the amount of time it will take to upload the file then it will work, otherwise it will timeout.

You can upload multiple files into one post but you can only upload one file at a time. The upload occurs independant of the "submit" of the post so upload one file, hit the close window link, then upload another over and over. As you upload them you will see code appear in the body of your post containing the link to your file.

I do specify the extensions that are allowed to upload and winace was not on the list. I will add it now. I will add .ace and .c00 through .c99

Guest Urban Olars

Hi!

The speed of my internet connection is not a problem in this case, but uploading and downloading files to and from your site has never been fast. At least not for me.

There is not really a timeout message that I recieve, it just says that it cannot find the server after about 4-5 minutes! But uploading smaller files seems to work anyway.

• 3 months later...
Guest Urban Olars

When I posted my topic "Transparent Parts?" in the IronCAD General Discussion forum, I also tried to upload my sample file, but it didn't work. After trying everything I could imagine, I gave up after 30 minutes.

I did like this:

I pressed the "Attach File" button, browsed to my file (a zip-file) and waited for it to upload. After about 4 minutes I received a message that the file had been uploaded, but there were no "Close Window" link. There must be a "Close Window" link if the upload should work have I been told, but what should I do if there isn't any?