Create a Drill Hole in a Structured Part?

tgjang

Hi.

I tried creating a simple Vice using a Structured Part in IronCAD, but it doesn't drill holes accurately or move through round walls.  I would be very grateful if you could tell me what to do.
Thanks.

drill_hole.png

VICE.ics

Edited by tgjang

In your video, the issue is you probably placed the hole on a special point like the centerpoint of the face (or vertex). In structure mode, it will create references to those points. In this case it is fixed to that reference. Expand the scene browser for the hole so you can see the Cross section of the hole. Right-click on the cross section and select Edit Position. You will see what it references and you can see a the bottom that it is fixed to reference. You can either change that reference there or uncheck Fixed to Reference and then you can use the triball to position it. 

In structure mode, most things are positioned at the sketch level (not feature level like we do with innovative parts). Structured is order and dependence on relations is a key aspect (good and bad). The same issue you have with that hole would happen with any feature dropped to that point as it builds that reference/relation. 

Let me know if that helps clarify it. 

Thank you for your response. Cary.

The above problems have been solved.

I have two more questions 
1. is it possible to use smart dimensions for Features in Structured Part, as it would be very convenient to use Lock, UnLock dimensions.
2. When I drag the Fasteners Assy catalog in ICM Mech into the Structured part and create a Bolt, it does not drill holes in the part, is this a problem that cannot be solved?
 In SolidWorks, when the designer bolts it, it creates a hole just like the Innovate Part in IronCAD.

Thanks.