Sheetmetal Unfolding error

Sharath

4 hours ago, Cary OConnor said:

The issue is you cannot mirror the Curve Stock. There can only be 1 base stock. So you would need to mirror the sketch of the curve stock and then mirror the other features. Note you need to create a reference face using a temp shape that you suppress.

Unfolding error.ics 192 kB · 0 downloads

so if that the case , how the other parts (trough) working hopper not , I made the trough by using mirror the curved stock. that one unfold okay 

I'm not sure why it worked in the other case (maybe a tolerance on the resultant face used for the mirror plane).

Couple of notes:

1. The curved stock has some specific requirements. For example, the start of the curve stock 2D Sketch needs to be a 0,0 of the sketch and needs to be tangent to the X at that location). When you start to move that off that location, other issues can happen. 

I moved it to the start and made it tangent and it seems to work now (Green part). Again, I don't recommend this approach but it appears to work. 

Unfolding error (1).ics

14 minutes ago, Cary OConnor said:

I'm not sure why it worked in the other case (maybe a tolerance on the resultant face used for the mirror plane).

Couple of notes:

1. The curved stock has some specific requirements. For example, the start of the curve stock 2D Sketch needs to be a 0,0 of the sketch and needs to be tangent to the X at that location). When you start to move that off that location, other issues can happen. 

I moved it to the start and made it tangent and it seems to work now (Green part). Again, I don't recommend this approach but it appears to work. 

Unfolding error (1).ics 344 kB · 0 downloads

Okay Thanks Cary